There is a new breath of fresh air in Richmond. A true renaissance
is taking place with a dignified way of interacting with industry and
developers and with a vision for the people and the future. Our choice
is to move forward or to return to the regressive politics of closed
door deals. I chose to move forward.
I am a candidate for the Richmond City
Council in November 2014.
I have joined other candidates with the shared
vision of continuing in the positive direction in which our city has
been going in the past ten years under the leadership of Mayor Gayle
I support Gayle McLaughlin
and Councilmember Jovanka Beckles for City Council.
the Team Richmond Website >>
We are seeing an amazing transformation in Richmond.
I believe that all councilmembers have contributions to make.
While I have continued to work within the community
and with the Mayor, the City Council and others to build Richmond into
a City for our Children, I believe I can serve in a greater capacity
as a city council member. My service to the community has provided
the opportunity to gain much knowledge and insight into the workings
of our city. I have developed many positive relationships
with city staff and community members.
Take a moment to review the work I have done
during my 25 years of service - see My Recent
My campaign takes not a dime of corporate money.
I'm a progressive democrat responsive to Richmond residents and small
businesses. I stand for jobs for all, education, peace and solidarity,
and for building together a great city for all our children.
- Richmond Planning Commissioner
- Point Molate Community Advisory Committee,
- East Bay Sanctuary Covenant (EBSC), Board
- Sierra Club, West Contra Costa County ExCom,
- Richmond Environmental Justice Coalition
- Shoreline Democratic Club of Contra Costa
- WCCUSD Budget Advisory Committee (CBAC),
- Richmond Progressive Alliance (RPA) Steering
- Mexican American Political Association-Richmond,
- NAACP member and ONE RICHMOND advocate
- Teacher since 1989. Retired from WCCUSD in
- Co-founder of March 4 Education (2004) (Saved
the district millions)
- WCCUSD Bond Oversight Board Member
- Council of the United Teachers of Richmond
- Richmond Parks and Recreation Commissioner
- Richmond SAFE Athletic Fields for Education,
- Bay Area Parent Leadership Network (PLAN),
- Peace Activist and Vietnam War Resister
- Recipient of the Kenneth S. Goodman "In Defense
of Good Teaching" Award (2006) University of Arizona